B-to-B direct solar power sales in Africa
CVE has designed a Business to Business solar power supply plan that can either interface with generator sets (called diesel-solar hybridation), or complement a connection to the local power grid. We are targeting three areas of interest:
- West Africa: Senegal, Ghana, Togo
- East Africa: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda
- South Africa
We offer solar power to industrial firms that are isolated or connected to unreliable power grids, supplementing the energy they consume from diesel engines.
We focus on mining, processing industries (like food processing and plastics), shopping centers and malls, and large hotel complexes. What they all have in come is large electrical needs.
Benefits to our clients
The photovoltaic power plants in Africa offered by CVE cover between 20 and 50% of the total power consumed by the sites. For these industrial sites, using our hybrid power solutions in Africa has three benefits:
- Lowering their carbon footprint by reducing the consumption of fossil fuels
- Increasing their energy competitiveness by reducing their power bill
- Partially offsetting the economic and logistical risks of fuel procurement
And none of this requires any investment, because Cap Vert Energie’s model is based on a private electricity sales contract for timespans of up to 20 years.
Our current portfolio is 76 MW.
A dedicated team of six people develops Cap Vert Energie’s solutions in Africa from our head office in Marseille.
Got a question