Our Biogas Solutions
CVE has developed a strategy for the biogas market that focuses on deploying dedicated biomethane units to recycle local organic waste streams. We enable communities and businesses to produce local, sustainable energy by recycling their organic waste through a “circular economy” approach. The unit developed by CVE process an average of 30,000 tons of waste a year, from three different sources:
- 1/3 from agriculture: Livestock waste, crop and grain residues, silo materials.
- 1/3 from food processing industries: Process rejects, grease, organic sludge, tray residue, etc.
- 1/3 from local governments: Organic waste from large and medium retailers, wastewater effluents, green waste, etc.
Cap Vert Energie prefers to inject biomethane into the gas networks. This way of distributing biogas is the most beneficial from an environmental standpoint and offers a guaranteed origin.
Get the benefits of biogas today
The benefits for regions, farmers, and industry are threefold.
- The biomethane process offers solutions for processing organic waste and effluents for local players, with a lasting outlet.
- It makes it possible to produce green energy nearby from the organic material collected in the area.
- It can result in producing biomethane in the form of fuel that can be used to supply government vehicles, thereby reducing the GHG emissions of the community and local industry.
A biogas solution for communities
To assist local governments in developing biomethane units in their communities in order to meet their environmental and energy goals Cap Vert Energie has set up a dedicated solution.
We offer a long-term partnership with the community with a threefold commitment: Covering the project’s development expenses, providing our financial and technical engineering, and the option for participatory financing.
Our methanation experts
With a dedicated team of 12 employees spread out across four regional offices, the group has amassed technical skills in agriculture, waste, and energy in order to complete local and agricultural biomethane projects and operate them on its own for their entire lifespan: For each of its projects, the biogas team is assisted by our crosscutting services: Legal, financing, etc.
The team benefits from the best accumulated experience in the sector, due to the history of each of our employees.
Our regional locations
CVE has developed its biogas business through six regional offices in order to be as close as possible to the communities. Our approach is totally in line with the dynamic of energy-positive communities that seek to become energy-independent by producing renewable power locally.
Vous avez une question
Biogas addresses the energy transition we’re going through by taking a “circular economy” approach at the intersection of three businesses: organic materials treatment, green gas production, and agronomy, with organic soil amendment returned to the land.
Methanation is a natural biological process that recycles organic material into biogas. This process is also known as anaerobic digestion, because the material is processed in a hermetically sealed environment with no oxygen.
The waste is analyzed, prepared, processed, and then placed inside a “digester” or “methanizer”. It is then mixed together and heated. As they ferment, the bacteria turn the easily degradable organic material into biogas. Once purified, biogas takes the name of biomethane. That biomethane can then be odorized, checked by the gas network operator, and injected into the distribution network. Its characteristics and usages are exactly identical to those of natural gas, and it is impossible to tell it apart from the natural gas it is mixed with.
- Biogas is a combustible gas resulting from a biological reaction called methanation.
- Biomethane, meanwhile, is the biogas that results from advanced purification.