Solar Business Developer North-East USA
Job Title: Solar Business Developer North-East United States
Contract: US employee contract
Industry: Renewable energies (Solar and Biogas)
Location: This position is based in the suburbs of New York city, where the future company offices will be located. This position will require to work at the onset from a shared office space, waiting for the company offices to be set up.
Travel: This role requires regular travel across the North-East part of the United States (NY, MA, NJ, CT, VT, NH, PA, MD, RI, ME)
Experience: 5 to 10 years of experience of project development in the energy sector with at least 1 to 2 in the solar industry.
Compensation: Salary + variable bonus
As the Solar Business Developer North-East USA, you are responsible for the development of the solar energy activities of CVE North America in New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Rhode Island and Maine States, bringing each project to ‘NTP’ (notice to proceed) stage.
Your activities will aim at developing and ensuring the correct deployment of the three following business activities:
- Development of new projects;
- Co-development of projects with reliable partners;
- Sourcing, due diligence and negotiation of existing projects either at ‘NTP’ stage or in operations.
Your role will be very hands-on and close to the field. You will notably be responsible for:
- Providing input and recommendations on the commercial strategies CVE North America should adopt in the North-East USA, relying on acute knowledge of the various States energy policies and market dynamics.
- Searching for new opportunities through direct contacts with commercial and industrial clients, land owners, municipalities, schools and hospitals and through business intermediaries (introduction, co-development…).
- Addressing utilities or private companies RFQ
- Verifying the economic feasibility of each project, establishing business plans for projects.
- Spearheading the efforts to get the projects’ administrative, environmental and electrical authorizations with the various stakeholders (municipalities, governments, utilities….).
- Coordinating technical studies with our internal engineering resources or external consultants.
- Qualifying the projects in order to pass satisfactory internal gate reviews (GO1 and GO2).
- Assisting in the preparation and elaboration of the financial documents to get the project(s) financed.
- Pitching commercial offers to clients.
- For the none community solar market, negotiating, concluding contracts with the various stakeholders implied in a solar project, notably the sales of electricity (PPA).
- Keeping abreast of the various energy policies and regulations in place in your geographical area.
- Updating and developing the reporting, monitoring and planning tools.
- Establishing long term and trusting relationships with the clients and partners of CVE North America; living by the company values.
In case of development
- Securing land through negotiation of leases and leases options with the landowners
- Creating, facilitating and managing a network of site introducers and/or originators
In case of sourcing of projects
- Auditing, bidding and negotiating the projects for sale.
- Following up on the data-room, reviewing legal and technical documents.
Based on your proven capabilities, this position could evolve into a management and supervisory role of more junior developers.
This position reports to the VP North America of CVE.
CVE North America views this position as critical to reach its objectives of volume and profitability in the North-East USA solar market.
You have a graduate degree in business or in engineering, with several years of experience in the development of energy projects, with at least one or two years in the solar sector.
You have demonstrated successful capabilities in developing solar projects, preferably in North America, in prospecting and identifying new markets, in contracts negotiation, leading them to completion. Ideally, you have successfully conducted the acquisition of projects.
You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of inspiring, coaching and managing a project team around a common goal.
You are independent, organized and pay great attention to detail. You are capable of grasping the complexity of strategic partnerships and bringing them conclusion.
You have the ability to pursue multiple projects which are at various stages of development at the same time.
Hands-on and pragmatic in your approach, you enjoy challenges and embrace the necessity of quality and performance. You react well under pressure, stay open-minded and know how to evolve in an environment where multiple and sometimes conflicting interests are at play. You are autonomous, accountable and know how to make yourself available.
You are convinced that renewable energy will play a major role in the future and you are an advocate of the transition to clean energy. You are willing to join a company experiencing very high growth and which sets for itself ambitious and captivating goals.
Knowledge of French is an asset.
US driver license is mandatory.
Description of CVE North America:
Established in 2009 in Marseille, France, Cap Vert Energie, the mother company of CVE North America, is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) of renewable energy. The group develops, finances, builds and operates solar farms and biogas production units.
With an installed or under construction capacity of 44 MWp, Cap Vert Energie has experienced rapid growth, anchored around its three main values: commitment on sustainability, quality (Cap Vert Energie is ISO 9001 certified) and transparency.
The team comprises 59 staff members spread across various departments: support functions, commercial, engineering, construction and operations. Cap Vert Energie has initiated its international development in 2014, in Africa and in Chile, and has launched the North America Region in 2016.
Cap Vert Energie’s ambition is to build and operate a park of renewable, complementary, clean and sustainable assets of a capacity of 230 MW in 2018 and 600 MW in 2021.
Please send your resume and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include job reference in your e-mail subject line.